For credit cards, the rule of thumb is that you purchased your timeshare contracts within the last six years but this may vary if it can be proven that there was an unfair relationship between yourself and the finance company. Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, Section 140, you may well have a claim for ‘unfairness ‘. This may extend the limitation period for making a claim and so you should consult with us in order for us to assess whether this is the case for you.
Timeshare, Holiday Clubs, Credits, Leisure Credits, Point Systems, Floating Weeks And Concierge Services Mis-Selling
We understand the whole timeshare selling process and it is no secret how the timeshare industry systematically mis-sold timeshare products for many years which has left timeshare owners many thousands of pounds out of pocket and, because of our understanding of the many unethical timeshare selling practices, we can assist you in bringing about a successful reclaim.
Many companies who offer a timeshare claim service are merely seeking out timeshare owners who wish to terminate their timeshare. Our service is very different to what many others offer and, we do not entice people into making a timeshare claim as a precursor to obtaining a timeshare termination contract.
Reclaiming Your Money
In order to bring about a successful reclaim you should have purchased your timeshare or holiday club using credit, this should have been credit, by way of a credit card purchase in part or full using a credit card or, alternatively, by way of linked finance agreement arranged for you by the resort or long term holiday company to whom you purchased from. There are limitations to how far we are able to go back in order to make a successful reclaim and every case is different, we outline the criteria below.
What Types of Timeshare Related Claims Can We Look At?
Throughout your timeshare ownership you may have suffered losses trying to terminate your timeshare ownership?
Have you paid money to timeshare termination companies only to find out later that you still own the timeshare or the company you paid did nothing and, have now disappeared, gone bust or ignore your attempts to contact them?
- Have you ever paid money to companies selling ‘alternative timeshare’ products or services like CREDITS, LEISURE CREDITS or LIFESTYLE CONCIERGE based products that offered you the promise of discount travel and accommodation or lifestyle savings across a whole spectrum of lifestyle purchases, that never lived up to what the sales person sold to you?
- Were you ever sold CREDITS on the promise of a financial return on the CREDITS you purchased at a later date and that promise has turned out to be an expensive LOSS?
- Have you ever been coerced into attending a presentation on the basis that the company doing the presentation offered you a free ‘week’s holiday accommodation’, subject to you attending a high pressure selling presentation and you made a purchase on the day under duress and regretted it after but you were told that you were unable to get your money back?
- Have you ever been coerced into attending a meeting on the understanding that the meeting you were attending was with a qualified timeshare lawyer who was going discuss the sale and/or termination of your timeshare but when you arrived you realised it was nothing more than a sales presentation based upon using your interest in terminating your timeshare to sell you a very expensive timeshare substitute which has now left you substantially, financially worse off?
- Have you ever purchased a fractional timeshare product financed via Hitachi, First National Bank or Barclays Partner Finance or Shadowbrook, purchased in part or full by a credit card?
If you can answer ‘YES’ to any of the above and whether you still own a timeshare or not doesn’t matter, we may be able assist you in recover some or all of the money you have lost. It doesn’t matter who the company is or if it’s still trading even, we may be able to help you. As with all money transactions the sooner you take action the better your chances of success.
Contact now for a free no obligation assessment of what you have purchased and an opinion of your likely success in bringing a successful claim.